Important legal notice
The information on this site is subject to a disclaimer, a copyright notice and rules related to personal data protection.
The EPP Group maintains this website to enhance public access to information about its initiatives and European Union policies in general. Our goal is to keep this information timely and accurate. If errors are brought to our attention, we will try to correct them.
However the Group accepts no responsibility or liability whatsoever with regard to the information on this site.
This information is:
- of a general nature only and is not intended to address the specific circumstances of any particular individual or entity;
- not necessarily comprehensive, complete, accurate or up to date;
- sometimes linked to external sites over which the Group services have no control and for which the Group assumes no responsibility;
- not professional or legal advice (if you need specific advice, you should always consult a suitably qualified professional).
Please note that it cannot be guaranteed that a document available online exactly reproduces an officially adopted text. Only European Union legislation published in the Official Journal of the European Union is deemed authentic.
It is our goal to minimize disruption caused by technical errors. However some data or information on our site may have been created or structured in files or formats that are not error-free and we cannot guarantee that our service will not be interrupted or otherwise affected by such problems. The EPP Group accepts no responsibility with regard to such problems incurred as a result of using this site or any linked external sites.
In general, the EPP Group cannot be held accountable for problems of a technical nature of any kind which affect the transmission of the site.
The EPP Group reserves the right to modify, to temporarily or permanently interrupt all or part of the site, without prior notice or compensation.
The EPP Group cannot under any circumstances be held responsible by you or a third party for any changes, interruption, suspension or removal of the site.
This disclaimer is not intended to limit the liability of the Group in contravention of any requirements laid down in applicable national law nor to exclude its liability for matters which may not be excluded under that law.
© EPP Group, 2012-2027
All text and multimedia information (sounds, images, software, etc) on this site is the intellectual property of the EPP Group, or information for which the Group has acquired and/or negotiated rights. Thus, all texts, photos, videos, facts, notices, logos, brands and other elements reproduced on the site are reserved and protected by trademark law and/or copyright and/or all other provisions in force which would apply to intellectual ownership.
Reproduction is authorised, provided the source is acknowledged, save where otherwise stated.
Content, in particular multimedia content, must be reproduced in its original form and should not be edited or otherwise changed for use for purposes other than those originally intended. Any unlawful use of all or part of the site (piracy, counterfeiting, etc.) may give rise to prosecution under the laws in force.
Where prior permission must be obtained for the reproduction or use of textual and multimedia information (sound, images, software, etc.), such permission shall cancel the above-mentioned general permission and shall clearly indicate any restrictions on use.
Personal Data Protection
This general policy covers the EPP Group's family of websites.
Although you can browse through most of these websites without giving any information about yourself, in some cases, personal information is required in order to provide the e-services you request.
Websites that require such information treat it according to the policy described in the Regulation mentioned above. You will find further information about the use of your data for these services below and, in some cases, additional information on the websites themselves.
In this respect:
- Within each Institution, a Data Protection Officer ensures that the provisions of the Regulation are applied and advises controllers on fulfilling their obligations (see art. 24 of the Regulation);
- For all the Institutions, the European Data Protection Supervisor will act as an independent supervisory authority (see art. 41 to 45 of the Regulation).
The EPP Group's family of websites provide links to third party sites. Since we do not control them, we encourage you to review their privacy policies.
What is an e-service?
An e-service on EPP Group websites is a service or resource made available on the Internet in order to improve the communication between citizens and businesses on the one hand and our European political Group on the other hand.
Currently we offer information services that provide citizens, media, business, administrations and other decision makers with easy and effective access to information, thus increasing transparency and understanding of the policies and activities of the Group. These include newsletter services and the option of saving a list of your favourite contacts, for which you are required to create an account.
- What information is collected, for what purpose and through which technical means the Group collects personal information exclusively to the extent necessary to fulfil a specific purpose. The information will not be re-used for an incompatible purpose;
- To whom your information is disclosed. The EPP Group will only disclose information to third parties if that is necessary for the fulfilment of the purpose(s) identified above and to the mentioned (categories of) recipients. The Group will not divulge your personal data for direct marketing purposes;
- How you can access your information, verify its accuracy and, if necessary, correct it. As a data subject you also have the right to object to the processing of your personal data on legitimate compelling grounds except when it is collected in order to comply with a legal obligation, or is necessary for the performance of a contract to which you are a party, or is to be used for a purpose for which you have given your unambiguous consent;
- How long your data is kept. The EPP Group only keeps the data for the time necessary to fulfil the purpose of collection or further processing;
- What are the security measures taken to safeguard your information against possible misuse or unauthorised access;
- Whom to contact if you have queries or complaints;
- When the EPP Group may use your details to contact you;
What information do we collect about you, why and how?
When you subscribe to submit ideas, comment on ideas or receive our newsletters we offer you the option of creating an account on our website. In order to do this, we ask you to provide the email address at which you wish to receive alerts and which will serve as your login. This email address is stored in our newsletter database so that we can use it each time we send you an alert. You will be asked to enter a password, which will be encrypted. You will also be required to enter your first name and last name. This information will be displayed next to your ideas and comments and we use this information so that we can address you by name.
We use Google Analytics to collect statistics on our site, including information on what countries are visitors are from. We do this in order to analyse and improve our website and the services we offer. We do not however collect complete IP addresses.
We may also use any details you have provided to respond to queries you have sent us, whether by phone or email.
Who do we disclose your information to?
The EPP Group will only disclose information to third parties if that is necessary for the fulfilment of the purpose(s) identified above and to the mentioned (categories of) recipients. The Group will not divulge your personal data for direct marketing purposes.
How can you access your information and correct or edit it?
You can delete your profile at any time by using the “delete my profile” link in your Account settings and all your data, including ideas and comments will be deleted.
You can unsubscribe from our newsletter services at any time by clicking the Unsubscribe link at the bottom of any newsletter.
To modify your details or to know what information we hold, you can also log in to your account on our website. For further questions, you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How long do we keep your data?
We keep your data only as long as you are subscribed to our services or as long as it takes to answer your query, and for a maximum of 3 years. Once you unsubscribe, this data will be deleted from our databases. We will also destroy data provided for responding to a query if you ask us to.
What security measures do we take to safeguard your information?
Your data is kept in a secure database. The EPP Group internet servers are protected by a Firewall and the databases are secured with a specific login and password.
When we may use your details to contact you
We will use your details each time we send you a newsletter you have subscribed to. We will also use your details to respond to any query you have sent us.
What is a cookie?
A cookie is a small amount of data, which often includes a unique identifier that is sent to your computer or mobile phone (referred to here as a "device") browser from a website's computer and is stored on your device's hard drive. Each website can send its own cookie to your browser if your browser's preferences allow it, but (to protect your privacy) your browser only permits a website to access the cookies it has already sent to you, not the cookies sent to you by other websites. Many websites do this whenever a user visits their website in order to track online traffic flows.
_ga (Google Analytics)
Registers a unique identifier which is used to generate statistics about how a user uses the site.
HTTP Cookie type
How do we treat e-mails you send us?
Some web pages on EPP Group websites have a "Contact" button, which takes you to a page with a contact email address on it. If you click on this email address, your e-mail software will be activated and will invite you to send your comments to a specific functional mailbox.
When you send such a message, your personal data is collected only to the extent necessary to reply. If the management team of the mailbox is unable to answer your question, it will forward your e-mail to another service.
If you have any questions about the processing of your e-mail and related personal data, do not hesitate to include them in your message.
Who do I contact for further information?
Email us at email@example.com
Last updated: 25.05.2021